Have you heard about virtual blog tours? If you read the Promo 101 Virtual Blog Tour blog – then you are familiar with the idea, but you might not really understand what happens “behind the scenes”. There are several ways to learn more. I have a FREE e-book available for download. The link to download the e-book is in the top left corner of each page of my website – www.nikkileigh.com. There is also a download link on www.virtualblogtour.blogspot.com in the top right corner of each page.
Anyone who is curious about how a virtual book tour works can be a host for other tours. I’m always looking for tour hosts. If you know anyone who would should be added to the notification mailing list about new tours, email nikki_leigh22939 at yahoo.com.
Being a tour host provides promotion for the blog host. If you are looking for a free and easy way to generate some additional traffic to your blog, you should consider being a virtual tour host. Participating will also give people an idea of how part of the tour works. People who are interested, are welcome to contact me for more information.
These are some of the questions I would ask a person who wants to be a blog host. There are always other options, but these ideas will give you some examples of ways a person can host a person during their tour.
• Name and email for the blog contact
• Website or blog address
• E-mail address to send a PDF of the book for the host to read if needed
• How many visitors does the blog get weekly or monthly and their Google page rank
• How many members are on your forum or message board (if using a forum)
• What sort of books or topics does the person want to host – fiction, non-fiction, specific genres or topics?
• Are there are sort of books, products or services would you prefer not to host? If so, what types.
• Do they want to do an interview, a review or something else? (I encourage creativity.)
• Would you prefer a guest host about a specific type of information
• Do you have a place to host a chat and would that be productive for the person who is touring
This is very important —–
I am always hunting for blogs that are not writing oriented. For example, right now, I’m working on tours that focus on:
Vietnam air rescue
faith in a battle zone
and much more. For these tours, I’m looking for blogs and blog owners or newsletters etc that discuss these topics. So, if you’re interested, but your blog doesn’t focus on books – we should still talk. (This list changes monthly, so stay in touch.)
Each blog, newsletter, radio show, forum, website etc that participates in a virtual tour is promoted in the online schedule and in daily promotional posts that are posted on many sites online. This is a free, fun and easy way to meet new people and to promote your site.